SMAR FY400 SeriesHART® & 4 a 20 mA Intelligent Valve Positioner for Accurate Final Control Element Positioning
The FY400 digital positioner uses the most advanced microprocessor to perform an accurate and quick valve positioning. It is a controller which receives its setpoint from the process main controller and actuates the valve to move exactly to the ideal position for better process performance.
The FY400 Hart ® senses the actual stem valve position and it takes the corrective action according to a fully user configurable strategy. The “non-contact” position sensor (Hall effect based) prevents the inadequacy of links and levers.
- Automatic setup;
- Non-contact position measurement;
- Diagnosis for control valves;
- Easier preventive maintenance;
- Available for remote mounting position sensor;
- For linear and rotary applications;
- Fully digital PID control capability;
- Advanced diagnostics;
- Easy assembled on most control valve in the market;
- Supports DD, EDDL, and FDT/DTM formats;
- Non-polarity power input;
- Built-in transient suppression.
Configurable via software, from 3 mm up to 100 mm stroke, selected from the linear magnet and mounting bracket choices according to the required stroke.
Configurable via software from 30° to 120° used with rotary magnet and proper mounting bracket.
FY400 Remote Non-contact Position Sensor
Most appropriate on applications involving high temperature and vibration. Also suitable for places with difficult access. Available from 5 m to 20 m cable length.
FY400 Local Non-contact Position Sensor
Regular positioner with integrated position sensor.
FY400 with Pressure Sensors
In addition to the regular information on the valve and positioner status, the pressure sensors are also useful for advanced diagnosis.
Parameterization and Diagnostics
FY400 with HART® protocol can be configured by:
- Smar DEVCODROID for Windows and UNIX;
- Smar DDCON 100 for Windows and UNIX;
- Smar HI331 e PC Windows for most recent models of PalmTM;
Other manufacturers’ configuration tools based on DD (Device Description), AMSTM, Simatic PDM, and FDT/ DTM, such as, FieldCareTM, PACTwareTM, HHT275 and HHT375, PRM Device Viewer.
For FY400 management and diagnostics, AssetView ensures continuous information monitoring.
Smar has developed AssetView, which is a user-friendly Web Tool accessed anywhere and anytime using an internet browser. It is designed for management and diagnostics of field devices, to ensure reactive, preventive, predictive and proactive maintenance.