RITAG Tank Bottom Valves
TANK BOTTOM VALVES AND BOTTOM OUTLET VALVES
No-dead-space cone- or piston valves
Solutions for clean and secure tank drainage RITAG bottom valves have been designed for trouble-free and efficient tank drainage. They are used wherever drainage through a normal on/off valve or a ball valve cannot be done, because of where it is installed, the medium, possible crust formation or that a dead-space may develop. RITAG bottom valves are available in a cone or piston design. Both valve types are usually welded constructions. The advantages are obvious:
- Welded constructions are free from casting defects.
- Nearly any intake or discharge combination is possible. The angle of the valve discharge connection can be easily adapted to the mounting situation.
- The design can be built in a number of different speciality materials according to need.
- The interchangeable seat bush makes it possible to avoid long downtimes for maintenance.
RITAG bottom valves have been designed on a modular concept. Along with the selection of basic cone type and piston valves an extensive accessories program is available. Each valve can easily be adapted to the respective situation in the plant.
- Our welded construction versions
- Diverse materials and seals are possible
- Proven sealing concepts (soft seating, metal to metal, piston or cone)
- Exchangeable seat bushing
- Special designs for speciality applications are possible, such as earth covered chemical containers
- Extensive range of accessories, e.g.
- Electrical and pneumatic drives for cone or piston valves
- All commercially available drive options, such as rising and not-rising hand wheels, right-angled drives, pivot shaft extensions, spring-to-close hand wheels, emergency manual override, position regulator and position indicator switch
- TA - Luft compliant version (also available with a bellows-type seal)
- Cleaning nozzle
- Speciality cone for steam infeed
- Speciality cone with thermal element
- Heating jacket
- Tests, certificates and approvals
RITAG Type BA and BAS bottom valves − cone model The Type BA bottom valve cone opens into the container. Only the spindle remains in the housing. In addition to the drive power, the container interior pressure helps in sealing the valve tightly. Type BAS cone valves open into the valve. This has the advantage, in the case of containers with agitators, that the agitator is able to operate all the way to the wall. The container interior pressure acts here against the cone.
RITAG Type BV and BVS bottom valves − piston model Type BV piston valves as a rule open into the valve and therefore keep the entire cross section of the housing open. Furthermore, it is possible to use the piston to break through a crust and then open into the valve. If the container is covered with soil it is difficult to install a valve under the container. Therefore, for Type BVS valves, the valve had to be placed into the tank. Weights make sure that the valve is closed securely in case the controlling air pressure should fail.
Biotechnology, Chemical, Breweries, Building materials, Dairies, Distilleries, Food and Beverage, Hospitals, Oil&Gas, Refineries, Pharma and cosmetics, Water and wastewater
Air, Gas, LPG, Vapours, Ammonia, nitrogen, Crystallizing Fluidums, Ethanol, Bioethanol, Food Products, Sugar, Powders, Herbs, etc, Neutral and Agressive Liquids, Water and Wastewater